Saturday, November 27, 2010

"The Age People Should Be Able to Drive"

Prompt: Most states allow people to get a driver’s license at the age of 16. Some people feel that 16 is much too young for the responsibility that comes with driving a car and that teenagers should not be allowed to drive until the age of 18. In your opinion, at what age should people be allowed to drive, and why?
 "Driving", I have noticed that when someone learns how to drive, they either love it or hate it depending on how fast or slow they get the technique of driving down. As most of us know, people aren't able to get their license until the age of 16. I am also aware that some people feel that 16 is just too young to have a license, and feel that people should be a lot older to get their license. "Well what age do you feel people should get their license"? Might be what some people might ask. I personally don't feel that there is an age where I feel that people should be mature enough to have a license. Of course I feel that the person has to be at least 16 to drive, but I feel it all should depend on the person’s mental state and mental level. "Well what does she mean by this statement"? Might be what someone may ask. Just because a person is a certain age doesn’t mean they are mature that everyone who is younger than them. I know this from experience. In my life I have met people who are older than me but they weren't mature than me, so it all depends on the persons mental state. Driving takes a lot of responsibility and focus because anyones life can be at risk when someone is behind the wheel of a car. A person must be able to stay focused and concentrate on their surroundings. Just because a person is older than someone doesn't mean that they are capable of doing these things as well as others, a younger person may be able to do these things more efficiently than the person older than them. Of course I know this doesn't happen all the time but I have experienced the younger person being mature than the older person.
    Driving may not be considered like work or taken seriously in some people’s eyes, but I feel that driving is very serious. When someone is driving, they can't only focus on only themselves. A drivers focus should be on not only themselves, but they need to focus on the pedestrians and the other drivers around them I feel if a person is responsible and can stay focused them 16 isn't too young to start driving. If a person hasn't developed these characteristics then I feel they should wait a little longer, maybe age 18 would suite them better than age 16.

1 comment:

  1. I am old enough to drive but i decided I need to take more time to practice, its true driving is a serious thing. you hold yours and other people's lives in your hand. you must take precautions when you drive, and most young kids are reckless and irresponsible.

    ReplyDelete