Monday, November 1, 2010

"Preserving Family History"

Preserving family history is very important in my opinion. Think about it, there is so much that we on a long time ago in each and every single person’s family. There are so many questions I would ask an older relative. I would ask the full names of my ancestors. I would want to know a lot about them since I never got a chance to meet all of them. I would want to know their birthdays and the exact years they were born. I know for a fact that my great grandfather was an escaped slave, so I would ask if any more of my family members were bold enough to try to escape. My great grandfather escaped by singing in another language with another slave, that's how they planned their escape. I would ask what made him so brave to plan that escape. I would also ask what was like where they lived. What kind of things did they do in their daily lives? I would also ask how and where did my greats meet each other and where did they meet. I would ask how their childhood was growing up. Was it an easy childhood, hard childhood, what did they like to do when they were younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment