Saturday, November 27, 2010

"Good Habits"

Prompt: Good habits improve our physical, emotional, and or financial health. Select one of your good habits and write an essay persuading readers to make that habit a part of their lives.
    Good habits, and bad habits, some people have either one, but there are also people that have both. Bad habits in my opinion would be procrastination, not completing class work and homework, not doing his or her chores at home, being late, and the list goes on. I feel that good habits would be helping out others in any kind of way, being responsible, being respectful towards others and the list continues on. I feel that everyone should work on having good habits; it only makes their lives much easier. One of my good habits happens to be giving myself plenty of time to get certain things done. For example I am the kind of person who likes to get my homework, projects and schoolwork done, due to the fact that if I wait until the last minute to do it, something may go wrong. I have noticed that a lot of people procrastinate when they feel they have a lot of time to get a particular thing done. I notice this happens a lot of the time with students and their school work. I have noticed that some students think if they have a lot of time to complete a task, then they think they can wait until the last minute to get their work done.
    I felt like this a time in my life when I felt this way. There was a time when I was assigned a five page essay to write. I was given a month to complete this assignment. I felt that I had plenty of time to complete this assignment. Days began to pass, and these days turned into weeks. Before I knew it, it was the night before the paper was due. I remember that night being a stressful night. I stayed up almost half of the night writing that essay. Once I thought I had everything under control when I finished typing the paper, everything got worse. As I began to print out my essay my printer stopped working. I thought to myself, "This is just my luck, the one time I think I have everything under control is the time that everything begins to go wrong". After one hour of trying to fix the printer, I finally got my essay printed out.
    I feel that everyone should give themselves plenty of time to do get things done. Waiting until the last minute can make life difficult. If people are responsible then their lives will go a lot smoother because waiting until the last minute to get things done can be a headache, and I am sure that no one likes headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment