Saturday, November 27, 2010

"An Older Person I See Within a Younger Person"

                   
A little girl is who I see
Oh I say she comes to my house about three times a week
The prettiest of them all, just three years old and stands about two feet tall
Has a smile that will light up the room, it’s just as bright as a full moon
Long black curly hair, and her eyes sparkle, makes people want to stare
Kind soul with a big heart, did I mention she is so smart
"Well what's her name"? Is what someone might say
Her name is Justine and she loves to play
When I look at her I see my great grandmother
And although I never met her my heart will never forget her
Although I never met her somehow I feel connected to her
Every time I look at Justine somehow I think of my great grandmother it seems
I used to question myself about their features being the same
Come to find out my mother said the same thing
My great grandmother will live on through all her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and the list will continue on
She even lives on through her great great grandchildren wow that is so strong. She lives on from generation to generation, that's a true blessing from up above, coming from the heavens in the sky, she lives on even though she's in another life.

No comments:

Post a Comment