Monday, November 1, 2010

Smaller Families Vs Larger Families


 Prompt: A few decades ago, many families had half dozen or more children. Nowadays more and more families are choosing to have only one or two children. Are smaller families better than larger ones? Why or why not? State your position and support it with specific reasons and examples.
            It is always a beautiful and amazing experience when a child is brought into the world. Every single day a child is born and it is truly a blessing. With these blessings are also more difficult lifestyles for people who decide to have more and more babies. In my opinion I feel that smaller families are better to have because of how the economy is. I feel that if the economy wasn’t so bad, then the larger ones would be better, I feel the more the better. With this terrible economy going on, I feel that smaller families would live much easier. Think about it, the cost of things compared to how it was many decades ago had dramatically changed. Nowadays things cost a lot more than they used to. I feel that if the family is larger, there is going to be a lot more spending that the parents have to spend to take care of their children. Spending money on things such as school supplies, clothes, shoes, food, not to mention the cost of living alone would be expensive when a family has a lot more than two children.
             My auntie has two children of her own, she then got married to her husband and he had three children of his own when he came into the marriage. Certain things such as buying school supplies, clothes, for etc for two children is a lot different now because her and her husband now have five children to take care of and provide for them. I’m not saying that with smaller families that families won’t struggle, but I feel they won’t have to worry about providing for all the children that he or she needs to support. If people decide to start families, I feel they should try out the smaller family first and see how they like it. I’m sure that they will be a lot more affordable than a family with a lot more children to take care of. If a family is financially stable to support all of these children, then why not a larger family, but have if not a smaller family would be the better decision in my opinion.
 After all the family would most likely have more money left over to do other things such as pay bills, for more food etc. At the end of the day, the family with one, two, or three children would be spending less money than the family that has a lot more children.  I don’t know about other families but I would like t save my money or spend it on something else, maybe a family vacation perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. I agree a child of course is a blessing, and smaller families are better. They have more time to spend with eachother and that quality time with each other can impact the child in a tremendous way. Tehy can have a better life since the family isnt struggling financially.

    ReplyDelete