Monday, October 18, 2010

"My Opinion About College After High School"

  
      Prompt: Some people go right on to college right after high school; others take a year or more off to work or travel. Which do you think is the better choice? State your position and support it with specific reasons and examples.
            In life everyone does everything in different ways. Some people move at a rapid pace, and other move at a slower pace. Some people like to do things in an advanced time, and others like to wait at the last minute. Whatever the case may be, everyone does things in life in many different ways.
 One of these decisions that people must make in life is either going to college right after high school or either going to work or traveling before attending high school. Personally I feel that going to college, working, and traveling are all outstanding things that someone can experience in life, but I feel a person should go to college before they decide to do anything else. There are many reasons why I feel this way. Working is a great thing for someone to be doing, but I feel that college should come before working. Everyone knows that in order to have the career of your dreams, you must attend college, well that’s if a person wants a successful; career. I feel that taking a year or more off will only make a person become lazy, which will make them put off college even longer. I’m not saying anything is wrong with that but I feel that will only slow a person down.
            For example I have an auntie that put off going to college for a number of years because she wanted to work right after she graduated from high school. She eventually went to college and she is now a registered nurse. I feel this is a wonderful accomplishment, but if she would have went to college earlier, she should have been enjoying her career a long time ago.
 I feel a person should also go to college before they travel as well. The reason I feel this way is because I know that traveling isn’t a quick thing, and depending on the place that the person is traveling to it might take even longer. I feel a person should go to college first which helps their life when they begin to travel. They won’t ever have to worry about the fact that they have to go back to school to complete their career because it will already be completed.
 I feel education is very important, and should come before many things. Once a person completes school, there isn’t anything they can’t do because education is very powerful to have in this lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment