Thursday, October 21, 2010

"The Importance of Math"

                                       
Every single subject in that people in the world learn in school is very important. English, History, Science P.E Math and the list goes on are all extremely important and change people’s lives as they learn in these subjects. Some people say "Why do we have to take math?, I'm not going to use it in the career that I’m going to do". Math is something that we all need even if we don't need them in the careers that we are going to do.
We all may not notice, but almost every day a lot of people use math. Shopping for example, what do people need in order to shop? Money, right? I don't know about other people but when I shop and get my change back I always count my money. Me personally, I don't like for anyone to try to beat me out of any of my money, so I always count mine. For those who do count their money, did you think of what got you to that point of you learning how to count your money? Math, I mean think about it, if we didn’t have math as a subject in school we wouldn't know how much to give the cashier when we are shopping and we wouldn’t know how much we should be getting back. That is just one of the many examples that shows how math has dramatically saved is all from getting beat out of money from the rip offs in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment