Friday, December 3, 2010

A Time When I Was Extremely Happy"

I have had a lot of experiences in my life when I was extremely happy. One of those experiences was in March 27TH 2007 when my niece Justine Marie Scott was born. The reason this was a special day for me is because this was the day I officially because an auntie. Some people might say” why was she so excited to be an auntie”? The reason I was so excited was because I was becoming something I have never been before. I was used to being someone’s daughter, sister, cousin, niece granddaughter, and so on, so to become an auntie meant something special to me.
             I remember the day like it was yesterday. Now initially my niece was suppose to be born on April 4th 2007 so she was born a few days early which made me even more excited. I remember waking up that morning and going to school so anxious and nervous for her arrival. All I could think about in class was “is she here yet, what is she going to be like”? A lot of thought were going through my head at the time. Once after school came my mom picked me up and told me we were on our way to go see Justine. When I heard those words my heart filled with joy because in just a matter of minutes I was going to be able to go see my first niece.
             Once we arrived to the hospital my heart began beating a million times faster. I remember when I walked into the room and looked at my niece Justine. What made me feel even more special was the fact that I was able to hold her. When I held her in my arms all she did was smile at me. This was a day that I will never forget because the love in my heart for Justine Marie Scott grows each and every single day.

2 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job letting the reader know exactly how you felt through your journey. I can see how strong of a bond you have with your niece Justine. i was literally smiling all through my reading, in a way I was experiencing it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like how you explained yourself well, and could feel your presence in the psot while reading it.

    ReplyDelete