Thursday, December 9, 2010

"Competitive Society"

Prompt: Many people feel that American society is too competitive. Do you agree? If so, is this a good thing or a bad thing? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
            Getting a certain job, getting into the school of your dreams, there is always thousands of people who are trying to do the exact same thing as the next person, but the question is " Is the competition way to competitive"? Personally I feel that America's society isn't too competitive, only because I am the kind of person who is determined and loves to show my full ability to accomplish something. I feel that when someone works hard and proves their capability even when there are thousands of others competing for the same thing, it only makes someone appreciate it more when they earn it.
   "Well, why would she make this statement"? May be what someone may ask. I said this statement because I see when someone works hard for something virus it being handed to them. In my life, I was taught a number of things. One of those things was that someone is always going to want something that either I want or have. Being taught this didn't frighten me, it made me want to prove that I am just as wonderful, hardworking, and smart as any other person who is competing for what I want. A person who is hard working and determined as I am would most likely feel the same way that I feel.
            Though there are many people competing for the same thing I feel that this society isn't too competitive. If society was way too competitive then not a lot of people would get a chance to live out their dream. In today's society and in this life a person can do anything they set their mind to. It doesn’t matter if there are 5,10, 100, 1000 people competing for the same thing, a person with enough hard work and determination people can accomplish anything and everything they truly desire.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, you must try to be better than the person trying to get the same position. that is the only way you will be able to do something with your life, by showing how capable you are.

    ReplyDelete